What is Automated Micro-Needling?
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance. During this procedure, tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker dermis with the appearance of softer wrinkles. Eclipse Micropen™ also creates superficial micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively into the skin.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits of micro-needling are a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Eclipse Micropen™ also has a positive effect on hyper-pigmentation as well as on hypo-pigmentation, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks and generally creates a fresher appearance or glow to the skin.
What areas of the body can I treat?
Eclipse Micropen™ can be used on all parts of the body; Face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile needle-tip containing 12 tiny micro-needles is attached to the Eclipse Micropen™. Your skincare professional will apply a thin layer of topical gel to your skin and select the appropriate treatment depth based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What does it Feel Like?
The feeling associated with the Eclipse Micropen™ is similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating needle tip reduces discomfort while the applied hydrating gel also makes the treatment more tolerable.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime?
Immediately after the treatment you will notice a bright redness to the skin.
The total healing time depends on the depth of needles used and the number of overlapping passes your skincare professional performs. On average, patients are red up to 2 to 4 days. Some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours. Utilizing the Eclipse Skin Revive System™, or other quality skincare products, provided by your skincare provider, can help to speed up the healing process.
When will I see the results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.
How many treatments will I need?
Some patients only require a single treatment, once per year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6 week intervals.
What is the Eclipse MicroPen?
Eclipse MicroPen is a device which revolutionizes dermal micro-needling. Safe for all skin types, Eclipse MicroPen has several advantages over lasers and dermal rollers. Dermatologists and aesthetic practitioners all over the world are adopting this technology for the following reasons:
- Safety First. MicroPen is inherently safer than dermal rollers, utilizing sterile single-use surgical grade disposable needle tips. The unique features of the Turbo Safety Needle ® ensure the Eclipse MicroPen delivers greater efficiency and superior clinical results while maintaining the highest level of safety for both patient and provider.
- Faster is Better. MicroPen’s patented high-speed motor creates a more comfortable experience due to the needle-tip’s quick penetration of the skin. Patients report a sandpaper-like sensation during the treatment.
- Customized Treatments. Each patient has unique features and skin health needs. The adjustable needle depth allows MicroPen professionals to customize your treatment.
- Consistent Results. Safety and control lead to predictable, consistent results. Compared to lasers and dermal rollers, MicroPen is able to deliver a predictable healing experience for every patient.
How it works:
- A topical gel is applied to clean skin. In most cases your practitioner will use a hyaluronic acid peptide gel. This is a soothing product that helps the Micropen tip glide across your skin while simultaneously delivering Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – the building blocks for healthy new skin – deep into the skin.
- Your practitioner will select the appropriate needle depth and number of passes to address your skin’s specific needs.
- As the Eclipse Micropen tip is applied to the skin thousands of microscopic holes are created every minute at precise depths. These tiny microinjuries are part of a process that send signals to the skin to initiate the skin repair sequence of healing.
- This repair process begins almost immediately. Fibroblasts – the cells that synthesize new collagen – are active for up to 6 months after the initial treatment. Skin redness may occur as a result of the procedure but usually dissipates in a matter of a few hours.