Before Receiving a Botox® Treatment:
- Avoid medications that inhibit clotting such as vitamin E, aspirin, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for seven days prior to treatment.
- You should not receive Botox if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
During a Botox® Treatment:
- You will feel multiple small needle injections and a slight stinging sensation, which will last about 3-5 seconds and can leave what look like mosquito bites for a few hours after the treatment.
After Receiving a Botox® Treatment:
- Remain upright for 4 hours after treatment. This will prevent the product from tracking down into the orbit of your eye causing droopy eyelid
- Do not massage treated area for 4 hours
- Do not drink alcohol for 12-24 hours to minimize bruising
- Do not use clarisonic brish or sonic cleansing brush for 4 hours
- Do not do yoga or other exercise that would require bending or laying down for 24 hours
- Do not exercise or participate in strenuous activity for 24 hours after treatment
- Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen for 24 hours; you may take Tylenol for headache
- Mild bruising can be normal
- Do not receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion for at least 5 days after treatment
- The full effect of Botox will be seen in 2 weeks; although some patients see results within a few days. Please schedule a two-week follow up appointment