Sculptra Pre Care Instructions
Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising. Please notify your provider if you are on a blood thinning medication.
Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising – You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising (these can be purchased through our office for $12 or any health food store).
Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment
Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment Day of Treatment
Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection
Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible
Sculptra Post Care Instructions
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
- Massage the areas 3 times a day, for 3 minutes each time, for 3 days after treatment
- After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
- The volume you see will disappear after about 3 days and over the coarse of the next 4-6 weeks your body will begin building new collagen.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising.
- You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately
- Avoid facials, massage, laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks
- You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 2-3 days after injection